This project relies on Socket.io which is a Node library that provides real-time asynchronous publish-and-subscribe messaging using WebSockets.
- Follow this tutorial to get a chat client and server running on your own computer: https://socket.io/get-started/chat/
- Use GitHub to share your code with your lab partner and have them connect from their computer to your computer
- Use Heroku to launch the server on the cloud, and connect to it and chat between your computer and your lab partner's computer
- Pick one of the "homework" features from the bottom of the page and implement it
- Repeat step 4!
- Web sockets
- client-side and server-side node.js
- Express (single route)