This site is a preview of the curriculum for our Summer 2018 bootcamp in Burlington, Vermont. As we continue our preparation, courses and lessons will appear and disappear; we will rename, rearrange, clarify, and obfuscate as needed... Please consider this a work in progress and keep checking in.
The student will learn...
- the rules of the HTTP protocol
- how to create a self-contained server-side web application using NodeJS
- how to deploy NodeJS applications to Heroku
- how to pass state from the client to the server and back again
- how to use MongoDB to save state between user sessions
- the basics of authentication and web security
- how to extend your application's functionality by calling APIs
- how to streamline and codify your application with an API of its own